To start developing web applications with AppFuse, please following the instructions below:
Table of Contents
- Setup your Development Environment - or follow the steps below if you're a veteran.
- Download and install JDK 7+ (make sure your JAVA_HOME environment variable points to the JDK, not a JRE).
- Download and install MySQL 5.5+ (or use a different database see here).
- Setup a local SMTP server or change
mail.properties(in src/main/resources) to use a different host name - it defaults to "localhost".
- Download and install Maven 3.1.0+.
- From the command line, cd into your "Source" directory (c:\Source on Windows, ~/dev on Unix) run the Maven command you see below after choosing your web framework and other options.