There are a number of Maven Plugins that AppFuse uses to simplify the development process (listed in alphabetical order).
- AppFuse Maven Plugin: This plugin is a replacement for AppGen in AppFuse 1.x. It's used for code generation, as well as other AppFuse-related tasks.
- Cargo Maven Plugin: Used to start and stop containers before and after running integration tests (i.e. with Canoo WebTest or Selenium).
- DbUnit Maven Plugin: This plugin is a wrapper around DbUnit and is used to populate the database with sample data before running tests.
- Hibernate3 Maven Plugin: Used to create the database schema when using Hibernate or JPA for the DAO framework.
- Maven Jetty Plugin: Used to run an embedded Jetty instance from Maven.
- Maven WarPath Plugin: Used to provide features to Maven so WARs can have dependencies.
- Native2Ascii Maven Plugin: Converts i18n bundles from native to ascii format.
- SQL Maven Plugin: Used to create the database schema when using iBATIS for the DAO framework.
- Tomcat Maven Plugin: Similar to the Maven Jetty Plugin - can start an embedded Tomcat instance to deploy your project or manage a remote instance.